The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from The Economist magazine and its website to events, research and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
Our digital products (currently our websites, apps, newsletters and audio editions) are significant drivers of profit whilst providing readers with a means to enjoy our digital content. This role, reporting into the Director, ensures that our digital app products and relationships with 3rd parties are marketed effectively to our customers, across the customer journey from discovery to download and from opens to engagement, actively ensuring metrics are to expectation and subscription sales are performing in line with targets. The objectives of this role are aligned with those on the relevant product squad, and will be jointly strived for.
- Implement the tactics that fall out of the defined marketing strategy for apps and 3rd parties
- Help the Director to deliver the maximum volume of traffic to, engagement with, and subscriptions from, our apps and 3rd party relationships
- Assist the Director in analysing traffic-driving sources and then implementing, via collaboration with other members of the marketing team, solutions for boosting traffic to our apps
- Assist the Director with reporting on performance with meaningful KPIs, including traffic, engagement, conversion and revenue per user to the circulation team, working with the source from the data and analytics team
- Work in partnership with peers in the paid acquisition and retention teams to ensure we make the best use of our apps within the wider context of all of our marketing efforts
- Work in partnership with digital product squads and the marketing team to build an engaged customer base for each product
- Work in partnership with the Director, Digital Product Marketing for Economist.com
- Introduce marketing messaging to welcome users and encourage product usage (push notifications etc.)
- Assist the Director in ensuring that marketing budgets, plans and activity to support our third-party digital revenue lines are optimal