As the research and analysis division of the Economist Group, The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) helps leaders prepare for opportunity, empowering them to act with confidence when making strategic decisions. The EIU is the global standard in providing quality, actionable intelligence to the public and private sector, assessing issues that impact the marketplace for over two hundred countries.
We are recruiting for a Senior Economist who will be able to lead our team of economists within the quantitative modelling team.The Senior Economist will work to develop our modelling and forecasting methodologies and lead the development of quantitative analysis. The Senior Economist will also contribute to the advancement of the EIU's Data Services portfolio through product development and work closely with our consulting teams to deliver bespoke research projects with a strong quantitative element. In addition, the Senior Economist will be able to promote methodologies and present the EIU’s forecasts at client events, conferences and seminars to improve the EIU"s visibility in the market.
How will you contribute?
Coordination, training and product development:
Management and scheduling:
The ideal skills for this role are -
• Relevant post-graduate degree in Economics, Econometrics, Statistics or related subject
• Proven experience in managing/leading a team of economists/quantitative analysts
• Proven experience in econometric/statistical modelling and analysis – with a focus towards forecasting
• Proven experience with modelling global macroeconomic dynamics & linkages OR multivariate time series modelling
• Proven experience with predictive analytics modelling
• Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of database management
• Hands on experience with statistical packages like Eviews/Stata and coding skills in R/Matlab
• Strong understanding of key econometric/statistical concepts and methods
• Leadership to manage a diverse team, many of whom would be located remotely
• Good communication skills to work effectively with other functional teams
• Initiative and creativity in providing client solutions
• Ability to use team resources effectively and deliver high quality output