The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) is a leading provider of country, industry and public policy analysis. As the research and consulting arm of The Economist Group, we deliver information that helps organizations to understand major developments in business affairs, governmental policy and development economics.
At EIU Public Policy, we help our clients navigate the toughest policy challenges. We specialise in evidence-based insights that create impact for leading companies, governments and non-profits. Uniquely, we combine the depth of a think tank with the breadth of a global media company.
The Public Policy practice is recruiting for a Senior Consultant in the EMEA region. The successful candidate will be focused on building the profile of the practice, developing consulting opportunities and overseeing the delivery of high-quality and impactful projects. This opportunity will be based either in our Dubai or London office and will be dependent on the successful candidates' current geographical location.
· Relevant degree in Business, Economics, International Relations or related subject
· Masters degree in related field desired
· Minimum of 5 years' prior work experience in consulting is a must
· Experience developing own book of business desired.
· Client management experience
· Staff and/or vendor management experience
· Experience dealing with and presenting to senior-level executives
· Good understanding of international business, industry and geopolitical issues
· Excellent business, economics, statistical, research and writing skills
· Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Access
· Statistical and econometric packages preferred
· Excellent English; fluency in other languages, especially Arabic, a plus
· Business-level fluency in other languages an advantage
· Very organised with an outstanding project management track record
· Good communication and presentation skills
· Comfortable and articulate with both clients and the sales force
· Confidence and diplomatic skills to handle unfamiliar topics and difficult clients
· Mature, enthusiastic self-starter with the discernment to balance commercial considerations with high standards of editorial integrity and analytical capability
· Capable of working on complex projects under tight time frames
· Thorough awareness of the Economist Intelligence Unit’s brand values, notably editorial independence