The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
The Economist Group’s thought leadership (TL) division produces high quality editorial content for a wide range of global corporate clients, foundations and governments. The team sells content programs addressing business and geopolitical trends to senior marketing and communications executives in a diverse range of industries and sectors.
We are looking for a top-notch editor or senior editor with a minimum of five years experience to join our thriving Thought Leadership division. Experience in covering the financial services or healthcare industry is an advantage. The role involves creating and executing innovative, high quality content programmes. You will be a team player with strong analytical capabilities, editorial flair, high energy and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
In the role you would be expected to:
- Work with the sponsorship sales team to make calls on clients and develop new business
- Write proposals for sponsored research projects
- Be the principal point of contact with sponsors during the course of projects
- Liaise with clients to keep them informed of developments and to respond to their concerns
- Work with our methodology and survey teams, research, draft and analyse online surveys related to research projects
- Work with other research divisions to conceptualize benchmarking indices, forecasting exercises and scenario analysis programmes
- Ensure that writers are clear about their responsibilities and hit their deadlines without fail
- Edit writers' copy and participate fully in the edit and review process with sponsors
- Present at and facilitate events run by Economist Conferences and clients
To succeed in the role you must have:
You will be able to demonstrate: